The University of Arizona in partnership with Cox Communications, presents Connect2STEM 2020, a free event focused on inspiring kids about science, technology, engineering, math and medicine with 150+ hands-on activities where guests can practice their robotic surgery skills, explore real space equipment and network with STEM professionals.
Connect2STEM will take place from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday, January 25, 2020 at the College of Medicine in downtown Phoenix at 550 E. Van Buren Street.
STEM enthusiasts have the opportunity to interact with 150+ tables of hands-on science activities, including:
• New: Visit the Brainworks Lab, powered by Banner Health, and witness actual brain surgery performed with virtual reality glasses, dissect a sheep’s brain and play with an operating microscope.
• New: Discover how the U.S. military provides world-class care to injured soldiers on the battlefield with a mock field hospital tent.
• Touch, feel and discover skin synthetics, as well as see the biomechanics of a life-sized, high fidelity mannequin that can talk, breathe, bleed and sweat.
• Go back to the Stone Age with life-size animatronic dinosaurs.
• See how cardiologists adjust a pacemaker’s heart rhythm with Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Abbott Laboratories.
• Visit the Wildcat Play Hospital for teddy bear checkups.
• Build circuit boards with Intel engineers.
• All three state Universities — University of Arizona, Arizona State University and Northern Arizona University.
• More than 55+ departments, clubs, schools and organizations.
• Interactive tables from corporations like APS, Intel and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
• Fun science and learning activities from community partners like the Children’s Museum of Phoenix and the Arizona Science Center.
• And more!
- Occurs Saturday, January 25th, 2020 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm