This recipe features two over easy eggs on an open-faced breakfast sandwich.
- 2-3/4-inch slice of French bread or sourdough
- 1 tablespoon of Country Dijonnaise. (mix together 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise)
- 3 thin slices of ham, Black Forest ham works well
- 3 thin slices of Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced chives, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the bread on a baking pan. Top with Country Dijonnaise, ham and cheese. Bake the sandwich for about about 4-5 minutes. Make sure the cheese is melted. While the sandwich is cooking, start the two sunny side up eggs. In a sauté pan, place 2 tablespoons of clarified butter. This prevents the eggs from sticking. Then, season the eggs with salt and pepper. Once eggs are cooked, remove the sandwich and place the eggs on top. Garnish with thinly sliced chives.
(Recipe from Postino)