Let’s kick off the new year with some healthy, easy recipes that you won’t believe are plant-based and loaded with nutrient-dense ingredients. Eating healthy can taste delicious and keep you feeling full and satisfied!
Find more recipes on my Instagram:
Metabolism BOOT CAMP starts January 19!
Vegan orzo sausage soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Beyond Meat hot Italian sausage
- 2 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp. each: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. each: pepper, red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups broth (more if you want it thinner)
- 1 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 2 cups spinach
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a little avocado oil for five minutes.
- Remove casing from sausage and add to the pan. Break down with a wooden spoon for about five minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add spices, nutritional yeast, tomatoes and broth. Bring to boil, add orzo, lower heat to medium and cook for about seven minutes, stirring, so the orzo doesn’t stick.
- Stir in spinach and let wilt, then serve!
- 2-3 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed/steamed
- 1 can white beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 10 basil leaves, slivered
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Braggs Apple Cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic granules
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Whisk up dressing in a small bowl.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with dressing!
- 12-16 oz. pasta
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or 16 oz. home-made)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carton mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. each: balsamic and tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp. each: oregano, onion powder
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- Shake of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp. each: pink salt, onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic for about five minutes. Add balsamic and soy sauce.
- Put all ingredients for cheese sauce in a pot and stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil while stirring, then simmer for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and put back in the pot. Add mushrooms, marinara, spices and cheese sauce. Stir well to combine. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. (or you can skip baking and serve while warm).